I have pondered of late..........should I go private? I have enjoyed being found by people I haven't heard from in years............and I do LOVE to blog stalk. (Be assured I am harmless. I just like to see what is going on in other parts of the world.) But I am getting a little skittish lately. There are some things weighing on my mind, that I won't share here, but I was wondering the reasons those of you that have gone private decided to do so and the reason that some of you are staying public (ish).
Mostly this blog is my family journal and scrapbook so I guess going private isn't a bad idea because I don 't want to cut out all of my pictures and stop using my kids' names.
Let me know what you think. When I decide what to do I'll get all of your e-mails so you will be allowed into our little haven.
Two Weddings and That's It
1 year ago





4 comments:
You probably already know why we made ours private. (or maybe you saw the video on KSL news of our son's birth father holding up a pharmacy at gunpoint for drugs!) That pretty much explains it for us.
If it wasn't for that, I would totally not have gone private. Everyone has their own comfort level, though, so if it really makes you uncomfortable to think about people you don't know looking at you blog, you should go private. But you'd better invite me!!
I guess I haven't been too worried about it so far, so I've stayed public. I try to be somewhat vague and careful about the information I share. I've only ever had one comment from someone I didn't know, and it was a girl that was a member of the church who does an inspirational blog of sorts. If I ever got a comment from a stranger that made me uncomfortable, I'd probably go private.
I went private because I started to get comments from random people that I had no clue who they were or where they came from. My blog is mostly for family and friends that I am in contact with on a daily basis, so It was easy for me to go private and eliminate the chance that someone from highschool could find me. Oh well! If you DO go private, I LOVE reading your witty comments and blogs. So let me know!
Mand
i'm thinkin' about heading down the "private road" too... it's all a bit creepy....
Post a Comment