Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Triple D Treasure Map

For posterity sake I am laying out my Triple D weekend. I don't want to forget a moment and I want to remember how to get back.
After my moments of hysteria began growing closer together, I knew it was time to take a break. The chicks and I hit the road for our Triple D weekend. That would be for Diners, Dives and Drive-ins, not our combined bra sizes.
We checked into a swanky downtown hotel. Every time we get together we have to have our little matchies, once we had jammies, and bags, and this time scarves. We messed around making ourselves into Punky Brewster and gypsies and then hit a sweet little French bakery. After a roast chicken and pesto pannini with a fruit and vinaigrette salad.........we picked up a box of pastries and made out way to an outdoor concert. The night was gorgeous and the music was beautiful.
Hot tubbing was exciting until the weird hairy dude showed up. I tried to ignore him but he wouldn't let me. I had to move on. A can of Coke and a bed free of baby elbows and I called it a night.
Even though it was supposed to be a vacation weekend I couldn't sleep past 7. We headed up the canyon to one of our hot spots from Diners Dives and Drive-ins. The mile high biscuits should have been enough food for a family, but we still managed to squeeze in a whole breakfast. Phenomenal Eggs Benedict.
Pedis were next on the list. The little man that did my feet was Satan's little aesthetics worker. He ripped off my cuticles, sugared my legs until he drew blood and then painted my tootsies Camp Fire orange. Not so relaxing.
Having my body tensed up for 45 minutes put me in the mood for another Triple D. This time we hit a gritty little downtown joint. I couldn't stop myself.........I had a Benedict Omelet....it was filled with glorious hunks of peppered bacon. My cardiac arrest was signed for at that diner.....I'm pretty sure.
I have to spend the rest of the week doing Tae Bo and drinking water (YUCK!).
We spent the rest of the day walking the mall to stave off the bloat. We were nearly evil eyed out of one store for lewd behavior.
Now that's a vacation.

2 comments:

OUR HOUSE said...

Oh man, why can't they do an episode of Diners, Dives and Drive-Ins in Seoul? I would be all over that. Did you go with your daughters, or your friends?

AMPM said...

I went with friends......Madison would be heck to do that with. She couldn't have eaten anything poor little nugget.