Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of School 08'

Ahh.........the first day of school arrived and passed. I could hardly bear to see them go. I loved summer and it went by far too quickly. So many things we wanted to do and didn't get done. Riley and Jack both have wonderful teachers this year. They are enjoying 1st and 3rd grade.
It's so much quieter at home now. Riley actually said she was looking forward to school so that she didn't have to watch Max while I showered. I told her she would regret that as soon as I stopped showering and started to smell. Jack's first day of 1st grade. This was right after I begged him not to leave me and I teared up. He doesn't cater to that kind of display so he is trying to get away.
My beautiful 3rd grader. I told her I wanted a picture so I could compare it to the end of the year and see how much she has grown by then. It is heart breaking. I am so proud of them and how great they are and how smart they are, but I die a little every time I see them changing. I want them to be my little babies that I can kiss and cuddle all day. Soon enough they will 'think' they are smarter than me and they will be embarassed to be with me in public........................Tough cookies kids, I hate to tell you I'm a genius and outrageously cool, which you will eventually figure out.

No comments: