Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Spooky Home Evening.......

Every year around Halloween we have a family Halloween dinner. We didn't get quite as wild this year, since most of our things are in storage. I started popping some pictures so I could blog about the fun event. Mostly I blog because it is like journaling to me. I don't really like journaling because I think I sound stupid......and Jason agrees.........sadly for me. So this is my journal. Anyhoo, we wanted to remember our fun tradition since we all (excluding Jason and Jack) love Halloween so much. The pictures are terrible. Jason actually told me if I continue on this way I should really take a photography class. He's right. He also said that he didn't think I even cared about Halloween dinner, I just wanted something to blog about. How rude. Pathetic picture of our Mummy hotdogs. So delicious and plump for a mummy. The hotdogs lead to a great discussion on Egyptology and mummification. So there, we learned something.

Devil's eyes. Oh..........oh, the terror.


Maggots and flies. I had to try some way to get a wee bit of nourishment into the kids. Maggots are known for their protein.



Another terrible picture.................lopped off lady fingers. Mmmmmm don't mind if I do.....




This little gem was a fiasco. It is bloody hand punch. The first bloody hand fell from it's perch in the freezer and splattered blood and gore all over the kitchen and our legs. We had to go cut off the other hand and freeze it until we were ready.





Dessert. Frankenstein heads sans gluten......because gluten is 'dead to us'. I'm trying to get Mads to tell everyone that gluten is 'out of the circle of trust'. So far she just tells everyone she meets....'I can't have wheat!! Does that have wheat in it? Do they know I can't have wheat or my stomach will explode?" So Franky is all rice, because rice 'is nice'.






1 comment:

Mystial Batwoman said...

That's a seriously exciting tradition that I myself am now encouraged to try with my family. I'd probably like it more than any of them but I'd feel fullfilled with my halloween efforts as a mom. My favorite...maggots and flies!