Monday, January 19, 2009

Rabbit Hole or Electric Lime Palace

Coppa calls all of the kiddies rabbits..........so this is the rabbit hole. The kids have their own little play place under the basement stairs........gratis Coppa and Daddy. They even have their very own mini doorway/secret entrance.
Max had to get some rolling in himself so that he is allowed to play inside. Service hours are required to gain entry. I wonder if keeping Max away will count towards my hours?

Ri, Jack and Mad agreed on the color......Electric Lime for those of you salivating to copy. By the end the floor was even covered in paint. I kind of stopped paying strict attention to Max and he wandered down and walked through the wet floor paint. If you look carefully you can see mini paw prints in the paint. It's the best part of the whole room.
The storage room is now finished with custom shelving! But it's holding everything from other parts of the basement that we can't put away yet. Someday it will be filled with enough food to usher me into the last days:)
The family room is framed Yippee!
The girl's room is being framed right now........I have a picture in my head of what it will look like, now we just have to see what I can find to make it look that way.
I can't wait for the basement to be finished. I am shaking from withdrawl........I haven't had my own books for almost a year and a half. If I'm lucky I will have a library. I will burn my scrapbooking stuff in order to make room if I have to.