Friday, August 21, 2009

Bear World

Somewhere in the void of America that is Idaho.......is bear world. Everyone that had ever been to Bear World said we would scratch out our own eyes with regret if we didn't go. So on the way back from Yellowstone.........we did. Mostly the choice was made once nature let us down and all of the bear and moose in Yellowstone hid from prying eyes.


Mads now wants her own pet deer.



Which doesn't seem like a bad idea considering they survive on nothing but shoelaces.




Baby bears. If you want to spend as much as you spent on the whole vacation, you too can feed a baby cub a bottle. We knew forking out the money would make us scratch our eyes out with regret.



Yes, that is a picture of a window reflection. I cannot bring myself to break a rule even when every one else is.........so when the caretakers (ie teen age boy at the gate) said DO NOT roll down your window.......well I didn't. So all of the bear pictures also have pictures overlaying them of my legs or Bear World pamphlets on the dash.


Griz. All alone so that he doesn't eat anyone else.



The white elk. Pretty cool.

All in all it was an okay place. There were little amusement rides also which the kids loved and I had to keep pulling them off to look at the animals. We had a great time being together though so I guess it was worth it.

2 comments:

Emma Lilly said...

Looks like fun, I love the picture of the deer eating the shoelace. made me laugh

Ratchfords said...

Fun place!