Last night we were out on the dance floor at my sister's wedding. The dance was for couples. Every now and then the D.J. would ask couples to leave the floor depending on how long they had been married. Trooper Lance Armstrong and I made it to the last 4 couples. We are either A)old B) surrounded by divorcees or C) off our rockers for each other:) I will admit to B&C. The floor basically cleared by 5 years and the couples that beat us had been married for over 30 years.
Our 14 year anniversary just rolled around while we were cruising the Alpine Slide in Park City and I was drooling over Bradley Cooper. This is why we have been able to stick it out for 15 years. Me Bob isn't oblivious to my black heart and deeply grooved personality flaws.........he just rolls with it. He isn't a thrill seeker but he knew I would love to shoot down a dry ski slope on a wee sled. He wanted to see the A Team, but I know he knew I was only going for Coop's shiny white teeth and blue eyes. He brings me flowers when I cry for a week like I'm Bella and Edward just went AWOL and I don't give sufficient explaination. He runs with me at my pace when I know he could go much faster. He shaves his head or lets his scruff grow because it makes me smile. He texts me pictures of himself in a suit when I'm not there to see it for myself. He lets my bedside table pile high with countless books and gives merely a shake of the head. He endures Chinese food in amounts forbidden by the FDA.
I don't know why he abides the cold blood that runs through my veins, but he's my man and I'm glad he does.
3 comments:
I especially love the picture with your foot over his head. I'm wondering if you were wearing a dress. Nice;) Yay for husbands who put up with us - nobody else would.
um, ya.....short black dress lol
Happy anniversary! I love this post!
Post a Comment