Frankly people, I am too lazy to download my pictures right now so this is all you get. Yesterday as I was trying to dislodge a glob of poop from Max's right hand, while poop oozed out of his bottom, I thought to myself, "Self, if Grandma had never fled the old country, you would be eating bread and jam on fine china with an adorable Croatian man fanning your flowing locks." (Run on sentence, I know, don't point it out.) I had been sorting laundry because it had finally crept into the kitchen. And as a true multitasker, I was also running water for dishes, and sucking down the breakfast of champions.............skim chocolate milk. Max had just eaten breakfast and I thought I would let him crawl around sans diaper, in order to let his soft nether regions air out, and avoid diaper rash. I saw him crawl by chasing a piece of cat food. I shoved more whites into the washer. I looked again as the piece of cat food rolled by. Max sat there on a lump of dukey. Adorable as it was I grabbed him.............and he put his foot right in the pile and slid it around on the floor. A good spray down, some Johnson and Johnson, and a froo froo later, he was back to Max. I still had to tackle the looming piles of laundry and dishes while the kids whined that all we ever do is clean.
Once all of the midgets were fed, combed, dressed and had finished minimal chores with maximum protest, we fled the scene. Goose and Coppa had gone camping and we encroached upon their living space in order to spread out a little bit. The girls ran through the sprinklers, Jack did some very manly things like build a fence, throw some dirt, buck around. Finally time for lunch. Everyone wanted something different...................45 minutes and no food for me.
Max napped and I made dessert for Family Home Evening. Hey, did you know you can make your own sweetened condensed milk? You can, and it is cheap and yummy.
Max and I then made raspberry syrup from raspberries on the verge of death. So tasty! Max came away with some violent purple stains.
Dinner!! Everyone wanted something different.............. I stood by the microwave and reheated every leftover I could find. I didn't get to eat again. I was really feeling like I could identify with the mother on 'The Christmas Story."
Time for FHE group. We packed up dessert, balls, mitts and bats. Everyone peed. We made it only 15 minutes late. I think thats called on time.
We had an awesome evening with our great group of friends.
As I reflected on the day, I guess I am grateful not to be a Hungarian Princess after all. I am glad that I get to spend every waking minute doing things for my love nuggets. Sure I get stressed and want to cry when it looks like we dumped out all of the toys and clothing that we own......... and that's after we have cleaned. Frankly it's funny to see poop ooze from your infants bottom. The kitchen floor need to be mopped anyway. I wouldn't trade a minute of being a princess for all of the other things....................Max crawling like a spider monkey on speed, Madison dressing up like Cinderella and giving me lectures about her overwhelmingly high IQ, Riley turning into a lovely, wonderful, humble, beautiful girl, Jack's tenderness, his wild hair, his shaved head, his beautiful doe eyes and desperately handsome smiles. Their little bread dough necks, so tender to kiss. The way they say ' Mama' until you could scream. They change every second of every minute and I would never give up the gift of seeing that.
My husband is certainly no Croatian, thank goodness, I don't think I could deal with the black 'leg' hair( though he is mad hot) and my hair doesn't flow anymore (clips really cut down on the bathroom time) .........who likes freaking bread and jam anyway?
Two Weddings and That's It
1 year ago





4 comments:
I just love you to death...you make me laugh and cry at the exact same time!!!
Great post about motherhood! There are so many things I never would thought myself capable of before having kids - like catching vomit in my bare hands to avoid getting it all over the car.
It's funny because it's true!!! You're awesome Amy!
You almost make me love your kids as much as my own. You should be a writer. Oh that's right, I remember you saying that you wanted to write a book someday. You should. So should I, but I don't think as many people will buy mine as buy yours. You'll be rich. Can I borrow some money?
Post a Comment