
Well my wee Jack finally succumbed to his faulty DNA and has glasses. Luckily for him, what was once extremely handsome is now freakishly extremely handsome. He is so friggin' adorable!! This is the first time though, that I feel guilt over my genetic culpability. I feel so bad that his poor eyesight came from me. I should feel guilty that their personalities came from me too, but I don't. Shy geniuses with a wicked sense of humor are a commodity. Just kidding......their dad is a genius too and his kind is even better because he is the stick it out kind of genius and I am the kind that gives up if I wasn't already born knowing everything.
Alas, as I have been looking at my wee bonny bairns.........they are a pile of fighting DNA. They have sweet mutt hair coloring, neither definitively mine or Jason's. Jason was a toe head when he was little and my hair has always been very dark. The nuggets vary between dark blonde (although she refuses to acknowledge her hair as ANY kind of blonde) to dead Jack rabbit fur, light brown, and rusty blonde. The windows to their souls are a marriage of brown and gold, rust and olive green. Many mistake their eyes for brown but they are an ever changing shade of hazel.
I just love trying to figure out what parts of them are more like Jason or I. That is one of the reasons I love to have kids. Everytime one of them is born it is like the best Christmas surprise ever. You kind of know what you are asking for and then you look under the tree, and by Jove you got the supreme model!!
Riley is very caring and helpful. She loves physical activity. She is quiet but not backward. She is able to make friends and be a good friend although she does enjoy the straightforwardness of boys more than the fickle, catty friendship of girls. She is smart and a good reader with the penmanship of a chicken. She has tender feelings and a quick temper. Her face looks more like a Peczuh but her eye shape is that of a Blake. Her hair texture is mine and her color is her father's. Her lovely skin tone is my European/Slavic coloring. She turns brown as a native in the summer. And her sweet feet are the feet of a corpse, just like Daddy.
Jack is sweet, quiet, likes to watch but not be watched. He is a very fast learner and seems to grasp things very quickly. He loves to build and create and spend time outdoors. He enjoys nature and solitude. He is a very caring, tender friend. He has a mild temper until he reaches his limits and then he is a volcano. His temper is easily tamed with hugs and kisses and time alone with Mom or Dad. He likes to be like his dad. He is an awesome brother. His body moves like his father. Many of his stances and motions are like Jason. His face on the other hand doesn't look like him..........but his Marshall hair pattern does........cowlicks galore!! He has some of the loveliest handwriting I have ever seen for a boy. He also has wonderful golden skin tones and becomes very dark in the summer. Jack does things on his own timeline and it is best to never have to push.
Madison is a FIRECRACKER!! She has darker hair and a beguiling face that is the most unlike her siblings (Houskeeper). She has eyelashes like tarantulas and teeth like fine china. She is the only person in our family blessed with a tookas........like she carries a peach around on her backside. Clearly a genetic feat of generations past. Madison is a social butterfly.......clearly not of my making. She loves engaging with people, known or unknown to her and makes friends the easiest of anyone I have ever met. She is sharp as a whip but doesn't seem to enjoy learning that is a task. She loves to do hair ( and is just now making me into Deb from Napoleon Dinamite). She loves attention and affection. She also has very dark skin tones and turns black in the summer. She is truly a little girl and loves pretty things, princesses, dresses and pretty hair. She spoke early and has a wonderful grasp of language, which she never stops! She always has one last thing to say at bed time.
Max is the blondest as of now. He has the crinkle ear but on the opposite side of mine. His hair line is more like a Blake I think. His smiles remind me of Jason's pictures when he was a baby. But facially he looks like Riley (Peczuh) and a little bit of Mads (Houskeeper). His skin is the lightest so far. His bum is nearly MIA. He is an extreme daredevil and likes to wrestle with Jack and speed about in dolly strollers pushed by his sisters or brother. He loves, loves, loves to climb beyond reason and is not detered by falling. He loves attention from his brother and sisters, parents and grandparents. He seems easily loving and trusting but a little tentative. Whoo and the boy can shake it!!!!! He also loves outside and swinging or going for walks.
Not a one of them can sing, which is unfortunately two dominant genes put together. Neither Jason or I could carry a tune if we drug a kiddie pool between us.
Aahh but I digress................Jack is extremely handsome with glasses don't you think?
Not a one of them can sing, which is unfortunately two dominant genes put together. Neither Jason or I could carry a tune if we drug a kiddie pool between us.
Aahh but I digress................Jack is extremely handsome with glasses don't you think?





5 comments:
Ha ha ha!!! SO witty! I wish that I could quote things well, because I LOVED what you said about all of them! Max' bum is MIA.. ha ha ha!! Jack is such a sweetheart.. I love getting a hug from him in Primary. It always means more from someone so painfully shy.
Mand
Super cute...the fight is on! I'm loving the new glasses Jack!
Cute post! I love the new glasses!
Very stylin' Jack. Aren't genes wonderful? Oh dear...my kids are in trouble.
He looks so cute!! Are they broken yet? at what age is Lasix an option?
Post a Comment