Tagged by Ruth to tell 6 unspectacular quirks about myself. I'm sure that I have some .........I'll have to ask Jason.
Unspectacular quirk # 1...........
When I read, or drive or watch TV, my hands must do something!! (Ruth I know this sounds like I am copying.) I pick the mascara out of my eyelashes. That one is a favorite. I will scratch my head (now I sound like a chimp) or I will feel any available skin for imperfections and then pick at them. This is so far from unspectacular that is is actually yucky. I have to do something, like have some kind of repeating body movement at almost all times. I can't just sit still.
Unspectacular quirk # 2 ...............
I must sleep with a fan on. I don't care if it is winter or summer. I must, must, must have fresh air. The lack of air moving can cause me to lose sleep.
Unspectacular quirk # 3.............
I must sleep with covers on! I only like to feel the fan air on my face, not the rest of my body. I have to sleep with some kind of weight on my body, like a sheet does not count as covers to me. I need more like a down comforter, no matter the weather or temperature. If I don't have some kind of weight on my body I feel vulnerable. I am convinced that it leaves me open to attack, massacre, murder and mayhem, and the monster under my bed.
Unspectacular quirk # 4...............
One way I deal with stress and anxiety is to read. You can tell how stressed I am feeling many times, by the amount of novels I can cut through in a week. I love to read and I do read everyday....but when I am stressed and anxious, I read more. It is my way of tuning out whatever is bothering me. It doesn't matter what the house looks like or what pressing matter is at hand, I will read right through it. It is my form of denial I think. If you notice my other blog, you'll be able to guess that I am anxious beyond belief about multiple things right now. So I have been shooting through about a book a day.
Unspectacular quirk # 5 .................
I will not allow my OB to touch me the closer I come to labor. Period, the end. I will actually stop going to the doctor at about 34 weeks. I just tell him that we both know the baby will come out, there is no need to touch me to verify it. I'll just show up at the hospital when I am ready.
Unspectacular quirk # 6.............
I must sing all day. Am I capable of singing? No, I am not. I could not carry a tune in a well made Kate Spade hand bag. Never the less, I must sing. I actually wake up with a song in my head and I am compelled to sing it. Most of the time I make up whole songs to music I know, but I change all of the words. Here's a little ditty to "I love to see the temple".......... I love to smooch my Maxy, I'll smooch him every day. I'll smooch his arms and legs and kiss him every way.
I know, I should probably go on American Idol. But my talent remains only a blessing unto my family........
Here's the crapper.............I'm supposed to tag people. I will do it because another quirk I have is I must follow rules although it goes against another quirk I have which involves hating to pressure other people via phone, email or post....Joey, Dev, Heather W., Heather O., Amanda, Shawna, and Caren. I am so sorry that I just tagged you. I hope you are not annoyed and now hate me.
Two Weddings and That's It
1 year ago





3 comments:
Love 'em all. How come I didn't hear you sing much?
I don't sing in public. I sound like pigs being slaughtered.
I so could add to this list....and exactly how do you figure they are unspectacular?
Post a Comment