BIG BUCK DOWN ON UTAH GROUND!!! I hear that is some awesome saying, if you are into hunting. At least that is what my two 19 year old hunting partners screamed when I shot this buck. So I am using the saying........therefore I am a cool hunter too.

Yes, the wee ones have been indoctrinated by me. They saw the whole slaughter. Max screamed Mommy as I had to leave his side so as not to render him deaf from the 308 shot. He was pretty stoked when he saw the deer and mooed for the next 10 minutes. I don't think he could ever figure out why it didn't moo back.

I feel slight amounts of shame, as the deer is a beautiful specimen. He was useless against my sniper like ability and dropped like a brick. My guide has this on video, but he so far has been too busy hunting himself to forward the action packed sequence.

It was a gorgeous day on some private ground that I (Jason I'm sure was hoping he would be the one to draw for this, not me!) drew out for. The leaves had fallen from most of the oak brush, so everything looked gray. The deer where hard to spot unless they were moving. They would appear and disappear quickly. The above picture is my favorite because Mads is counting the points. For those who care or know what this means, the buck is almost a 30. Unfortunately I didn't use the muzzle loader, which is usually what I hunt with, or he may have made the books.

Jason's Christmas gift will be this little sweetie mounted. Shh don't tell him!! I just haven't decided where I will allow this deer to be hung. Jason wants him in the place of honor, over the stairs, but I have other ideas for that area. Maybe the garage or the basement storage room. Better yet I might build him his very own mausoleum in the backyard where he can be the guard deer for the lawn mower and weed eater. That is a heavy responsibility I would only give to the very best.
9 comments:
Nice Amy! We're your kids wiggin at all when they saw it? You're a brave soul and when we're living the law of consecration I'm letting you do the hunting and I'll do the dishes.
first of all... whoa.
second... I am totally with Shaunna on this one... I will do the laundry if you do the slaughtering.... ;)
I will murder, as long as it is beef, Jodi can butcher and Tracy can cook it!
Very impressive Amy. I love wild game meat. Yummy. I've only been hunting once with my friends family. I was just an observer. I remember the smell when they gutted it. Very potent. Did you gut it yourself? Did your kids watch that?
I held the baby while Jason gutted the deer. I was all geared up for the gamy smell, but it wasn't really there. The deer was super healthy and in great shape. I expect he will taste good, just because of the way he smelled. I will probably never know though. I intend to give him all away as a token of friendship to anyone that wants some............any takers???
Sick
Are you kidding me, you're giving the whole thing away? Ooohh the humanity - Why must I live so far away:( Joe and I are not hunters, and we rarely are able to enjoy the fruits of other people's labors. Oh well, I'll just try to run over an armadillo.
Wow! I had no idea you were the hunting kind. Way to go! I bet you make your hubby proud. As for me, I stay away from guns so as not to intimidate Sam. He seems to like being the sharp shooter in our family. :)
Well Done, I made Amanda do that last year and I found out that she is a great shot and up for anything, even up to her elbows in you know what...
Post a Comment