Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pickle People

Pickle People..............I hate to tell you I don't know what they are. Madison does. Mads has never been afraid of anything in her life that I can even think of ***** until now. She came to me yesterday and she was shaking in fear. She said she was afraid of pickle people. She refused to go into her room alone and made me turn lights on even though the house was lit by sunshine. I hoped she would forget about the pickle people, but she didn't. I had a hard time not laughing even though she was clearly terrified. (I had such a hard time, that I actually did laugh uncontrollably. What a horrible mother.)
Bedtime came around and I for one had let the Pickle People slip my mind. She went to bed like she was supposed to but soon tore out of her room crying so hard it was unintelligible. Then I remembered.......The Pickle People. Daddy took her back to bed, along with his taser. He shot the taser all over the bedroom, under the bed, in the closet, even in her dresser drawers (apparently the Pickle People are about the size of squash and are easily concealed). All was going well, until Riley growled from her bed.........trying to be funny (evil little beast) and scared the willickers out of Mads. I guess tasers are nothing compared to the power of pickle. Needless to say I had a bed mate.
Madison tells me that she learned of Pickle People from a book........so much for the power of literacy. They sleep in the basement and when they wake up they say 'Boo' to scare you. I guess that could be scarey. She just saw the picture with this blog entry and confirmed that it does fit the profile of a Pickle Person. She said I should save it to show her dad so he knows what he is trying to taser next time.

1 comment:

OUR HOUSE said...

That is Precious - it might get old soon if it continues, but right now it's just too cute.