Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hazel

Some sweet Maddy mouth.........

We left church the other morning and the snow was really coming down. Mads looks up and says "It's hazeling!!" I think she meant a mix of snow and hail.......because the snow was little icy bits.
Then at dinner she was praying and she asked for her 'scarf ' to be blessed. That would be the owie on her foot that she thinks will scar and mar her beauty.
She also asked in her blessing on the food that we would be 'pretcted from drinking alcohol' because she has been obsessing over the song 'Whiskey Lullaby'. She doesn't want us to die from alcohol poisoning. I tried to tell her not to worry........but she does.
Yesterday as we were doing errands she was trying to speak Spanish....she gave up on French for now. I said 'goodbye family' in Spanish. It made her cry......neither of us are sure why. Then she tried to get rid of the tears running down her face so her dad wouldn't see, because sometimes tears make you embarrassed.
She is also in love with reading. She thinks I should time her like I do Ri and Jack. She has been reading 'Journey to the Center of the Earth'. So far she has made it into the volcano and taken one of the forks........they have found water and are still traveling. I'm not sure why she likes it, but she does...........don't worry, she is a genius but she hasn't read all of it alone. I read the hard words like 'journey and volcano' she reads things like 'the, and, to, am, can, is, it, me, be, I, a, you'. It is beginning to feel like we really are journeying to the center of the earth.......slow going.

1 comment:

Sweets said...

ha, ha, I love your blog, you are so funny! I can't believe your hubby gave in on the Kirby---amazing!!!