Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Return of Good Mom

Since being prego with Max, birthing Max and moving three times, I haven't been a barrel of fun. Agree silently......... So today Mad wanted to take a luxury bath. All of her bathing is luxury bathing, ie... it takes forever and consists of a lot of toys and scented soap. I whined like a three year old. I didn't want the hassle. But then I thought to myself, self you are a selfish, unfun mom. So I mixed up some bath paint, (shaving cream (foam) and food coloring) and we had a little bath party. It lasted from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. and the tub had to be rewarmed more than once. This is something I used to let Ri and Jack do back when I had more time and patience. So since I really do only have 2 kidlets at home, I figured I should revert to Good Mom and leave behind Barely Surviving Mom. If I can find the glue (we have pared down to only necessities at this house and Daddy didn't feel like crafting fit that catergory) I think we may collage with beans in the near future.

4 comments:

OUR HOUSE said...

Shaving cream and food coloring? I never thought of that. I guess that's why I've always looked up to you. Good Mom!

dev said...

return of good mom. that's funny stuff. I totally know where you are coming from... it's such a pain in the back end to be a creative fun mom sometimes.... most times.

Amanda said...

You're such a good mom! When I have kids, you will have to tell me all your secrets!
Mand

Mystial Batwoman said...

Good mom, fun mom...I can relate to that. that's funny. love the bath paint idea!