Monday, May 12, 2008

Sheds



The kids have found a new hobby. They like to go out looking for shed antlers. Jack is in LOVE with this. He made Jason go out hours early on the Father/Son camp out to look for more. Even Mad and Max have had fun going out. Riley and I mostly like to look for animal skeletons and figure out what body parts we are looking at. It is actually pretty nice just to go out hiking. Jason has taught the kids a lot about animal habits, habitat and nature. Now I just have to find somewhere to put all of the antlers. Jack has been carting them into school every Friday for Show and Tell. Pretty funny. I asked his teacher if she was tired of seeing them and she said she was more sick and tired of the never ending lip gloss and lipstick (not from Jack). Good times.........

5 comments:

Ratchfords said...

You're so crafty - maybe you and Riley could make a nice antler chandelier or lamp. Nothing says "class" like animal furniture!

AMPM said...

Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind.......... It will go really well with the monster buck I hunt this fall and then mount in my formal living room.... hehe

OUR HOUSE said...

Well, here are some ideas for the antler furniture, http://www.antlerworx.com/ but even better, you could do this antler dance, http://www.antlerworx.com/

OUR HOUSE said...

wait, the antler dance is at this address http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbots_Bromley_Horn_Dance

AMPM said...

Wow Ruth, your antler knowledge has such bredth and depth....
The antler chandaliers were SO expensive. I really need to hop on that wagon and get me some cash!
I am just now choreographing my own antler dance, what a coincidence! The formation description came in useful.